pushover-grapes

17.10.06

Snakes to return to Ireland

Posted in Pagan News at 11:49 am

A Pagan group is to re-introduce Snakes into Ireland after an absence of nearly 1500 years.
Christian invader St. Patrick drove the native Irish snakes from their home in the 5th Century c.e. and members of the Pagan Group “Pagans for Irish Snakes and Serpents Under Protection” intend to put things right.
A spokesperson for P.I.S.S.U.P. revealed detailed plans to re-introduce snakes across Ireland including setting up special Snake Protection Areas across the country where Irish Snakes would be safe from religious persicution.

Bookmark and Share

9 Comments »

1. The Tell said,

19.11.06 at 7:11 pm

Great, maybe you could set some free inside the shell headquarters, at mayo. and give $hell a scare

2. spiritof1976 said,

06.01.07 at 11:59 am

Will they be watching DVDs of Snakes On A Plane, and root for the snakes against that heretic Samuel L Jackson?

3. Truth Detector said,

21.03.08 at 5:57 pm

The “P.I.S.S.U.P.” kooks need to know that it was not St. Patrick who drove the snakes from Ireland but the “Ice Age” which covered most of Northern Europe 15,000 thousand years ago. It wasn’t a religious “thing” but a “Mother Nature” thing that was the demise of the snakes in many places. Ireland became a complete island after the ice receded and the snakes and mant other creatures could not get back on the island. SO THERE!!!

4. Myrkr said,

24.04.08 at 6:57 am

In response to Truth Detector, I’d like to point out that the story with Saint Patrick was actually a metaphor. The Snakes represented the Druids, for who snakes were quite sacred.

Anyway, interesting article.

5. ghst said,

19.09.08 at 9:00 pm

malcolm tombs uk mi6 enagged in global surveillance pre/ post 911 says hi.
    tombs has a personal succubus

6. Aems said,

04.02.11 at 12:53 am

Piss Up. Does nobody else think that’s amazing?

7. Aritfact said,

15.09.11 at 4:06 pm

I cant believe they ever exterminated all of the snakes in the first place, sounds like that would be quite a challenge. I live in the USA and we have lots of snake, especially rattlers. I hope they don’t plan to reintroduce the viper that is common through out Europe. I have to wear snake gaiters when fishing, as I have had more than a few close calls on the river.

8. Ms. Mirkwood said,

15.09.11 at 11:07 pm

Members of Slytherin are reported to be “over-the-moon” at the news. It appears Pagans will have succeeded where Voldemort failed. Reintroducing snakes to Ireland was next on his list of “things to do before I die” after “must defeat Harry Potter”.

9. Tuathaigh said,

16.11.11 at 5:56 am

How do they expect the snakes to live in such cold climate?

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URL